Welcome to the Refuge. First, let me say thank you for your service. We here at the Refuge are dedicated to helping men and women who have given so much. Please look through our services offered. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a call. There are times when you may feel alone in your struggles. You may feel estranged from your friends and family, but you are not alone. We are here, and we can help you to heal. It takes a great deal of strength and humility to admit you need help, but finding us shows that you are prepared for the change. Please consider contacting us for an appoitment.
If you are family of a First Responder needing help, please don't wait. Give us a call and we can discuss options. Contact our Community Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
- The number one killer of law enforcement officer is suicide.
- Firefighting is one of the most injury-producing, life-threatening and emotionally traumatizing occupations in America.
- EMT's are paid less than garbage collectors and typically reach burnout in their career after an average of only 5 years.
- nationwide, every cop can expect to be attacked with lethal intent ever other year; with non-lethal intent many times per year.
- First responders are the first on the scene of accidents, homicides, suicides and assorted acts of violence sich as batter, rape, bombings, schools shootings, ect.
- They extricate dead or dying children form mangled vehicles, and care for victims of domestic violence and child abuse.
- They respond to woodland fires, floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, and airplane crashes where there are often catastrophic sums of death and property damage.
- They provide medical assistance to homeless patients who are combative due to mind-altering drugs and alcohol.
- Despite their commitment and sacrifice, they are often derided, margenalized, insulted, spit upon, labeled as racist, second-guessed, overworked, underpaid, and underappreciated.
- They are fired, sued, prosecuted and sent to jail if they make the wrong split-second decision.